This post was sponsored by Nabisco as part of an Integrated Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
As my little five year old went off to full time school for the first time last month and experienced so many exciting firsts, I also felt like I was experiencing new things as a mom. Some big, some little. One of those new things was packing my daughter’s lunch. Such a small task can be tedious at times. For me, easy is the name of the game! That inspired me to share some of my new Easy Ideas for Kids Lunches! Be sure to tell me in the comments what great, easy ideas you have for kids lunches as well.
Easy Ideas for Kids Lunches
- Wrap (sandwich filling of choice wrapped in a tortilla)
- Bagel with cream cheese
- Hummus with pita or pita chips
- Hard boiled eggs
- Lunch meat and cheese roll ups
- Salad with sliced grilled chicken
- Thermos of soup
- Tuna or chicken salad and crackers
Veggies & Fruits:
- Fruit salad with granola topping (recipe below)
- Fresh fruit
- Baby carrots
- “Ants on a Log” (celery sticks filled with peanut or other nut butter and topped with raisins)
- Cucumber slices with ranch dressing or hummus
- Mandarin oranges
- Sliced apple with peanut butter (or non-peanut nut butter)
- Side salad
- Tortilla chips with salsa
- Veggie straws
- Sliced cheese or string cheese
- Fish crackers
- TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks (more details below)
- Fruit snacks
- Fruit leather
My daughter is always excited to see what little treats I may have in her lunch box, and TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks are one of her favorites! Kid loved and mom approved, TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks are a loveable bear-shaped snack made with quality ingredients such as milk, eggs and chocolate. These are also a great snack any time your little one is hungry when you’re on the go.
TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors and no artificial colors. We picked up a few boxes at Walmart in the cookie/cracker isle.
Aren’t they so cute?!
These yummy little bears come with chocolate or vanilla filling.
TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks are a great addition to a balanced lunch for our little ones. Last week my daughter was feeling a bit under the weather, so I made her a fun school-lunch style meal of homemade cherry fruit cocktail with cinnamon granola topping, a hard boiled egg, cucumber slices with hummus, and a TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snack.
She loved it! A fun, delicious, wholesome lunch is a great pick-me-up for a sick kid as well as for lunch time at school.
One of our new favorite side dishes for school lunch is homemade cherry fruit cocktail with cinnamon granola topping. Remember eating the canned fruit cocktail as a kid? I always especially loved the kind that had cherries. I now make it for my daughter with a combination of fresh and canned fruit and we top it with homemade cinnamon granola. Yum! This takes me just a few minutes to prepare on a Sunday night to be ready for the school week.
- 1 cup fresh grapes, halved
- 1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 15 ounce can pears, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit of your choice (kiwi, mango, peaches, etc.), chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Set oven to 300 degrees.
- 2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the fruit salad. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, a dash of salt, the cinnamon, and the ground flax seed.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture and combine.
- 5. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir the granola then bake again for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- 6. Cool the granola on the cookie sheet until room temperature.
- Serve the fruit and granola in small bowls and allow your child to sprinkle the granola onto the fruit as they eat.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature and the fruit in a covered container in the refrigerator.
How would you like a chance to win a $50 or even $200 gift card to Walmart?!
I-C will randomly select 14 winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes.
Nabisco Snacktime Sweepstakes
Tell me in the comments what your kiddos love to eat for lunch and which flavor of TEDDY SOFT BAKED Filled Snacks they would like best.