Sunday evenings usually find me at home relaxing and getting ready for the upcoming week. My mind reviews the events of the weekend and prepares for the next few busy days. That is exactly what I’m doing tonight.
Really, I had a super weird weekend! I was SO incredibly nervous for Friday when I had to have a little procedure on my leg to remove a freckle that was looking suspicious.
Side bar here: Please be sure to check your skin regularly and talk with your doctor if you ever notice anything odd. Better safe than sorry!
I was trying not to think about the procedure all week… and failing. By Friday I was so nervous I had butterflies in my stomach. I had to wait until afternoon for the procedure, but when it was over I was so relieved! I’m such a big baby.
I’ve never been a fan of my freckles. Now the older I get the more my freckles prove to also not be a fan of ME! I’m now short one freckle that seemed to have become a bit scary. NBD just a shot to get numb, a few snips and stitches and now I’m all good. #stupidfreckles #imabigbaby #biopsystories #doctorsoffice
After my doctors appointment was over I had a really nice weekend. I think there’s something about getting through an event that you’re not looking forward to that can be a mood booster. Plus, the weather was really lovely for late February!
The most important ingredient to me for a happy weekend is time with my husband and daughter. Plenty of family time that past weekend too!
On Friday, my daughter and I went grocery shopping and while browsing the produce section we discovered a nice selection of berries. I wanted raspberries and Willow wanted blueberries. We bought both and they inspired me to create a very simple recipe: Easy Breakfast Berry Tarts.
I made these this morning before church in just about five minutes. Aren’t they pretty? Really light and tasty too.
These Easy Breakfast Berry Tarts would be perfect for a brunch, baby or wedding shower, holiday breakfast, or any morning when you want to make something a little special in a snap.
I used belVita breakfast biscuits as the base. A mixture of whipped cream cheese, powdered sugar, and yogurt make a rich and creamy topping. Fresh berries are always perfect and add fresh flavor and bright colors to these little tarts. Delish!
Easy Breakfast Berry Tarts
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry yogurt
- 6 belVita breakfast biscuits, Golden Oat flavor
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the whipped cream cheese, powdered sugar, and yogurt.
- Lay out the the belVita breakfast biscuits on a serving plate. Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly over the biscuits.
- Top the tarts with fresh berries.
Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
- Try other fresh berry and fruit combinations: strawberries and kiwi, mandarin oranges and bananas with coconut, grapes and kiwi, etc.
- Try using different flavors of yogurt in the cream cheese mixture. I thought lemon yogurt with some lemon zest and poppy seed garnish would be a fun twist.
Have a great week!