This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LeaveBlandBehind #CollectiveBias | Easy Baked Garlic Ranch Chicken in Foil Packets
Friends, I know just how hard it can be to get a home cooked dinner on the table every night. We are stretched so thin these days between work and school and kids activities and errands and household chores and holidays and homework and on and on and on. You and I both need easy mealtime solutions, and that is what I’m sharing today!
Season It Well
I love cooking a whole meal in the oven in a foil packet. It’s so easy to toss a few ingredients into the foil, rolls up the edges to create a packet, then let it all cook together in the oven. Dinner’s ready in a snap!
To season the chicken and vegetables in my foil packets, I used McCormick Garlic, Ranch Seasoning:
McCormick Garlic Seasoning Blends bring garlic to the next level of flavor! Garlic Blends can be used anywhere you use garlic powder – before, during, or after cooking, and to add an extra boost of flavor.
The New McCormick Seasoning Blends can be found in the spice aisle at Walmart:
The New McCormick Garlic Seasoning Blends are versatile, have transparent ingredients, and allow you to go recipe free! Just season your meat and veggies, cook them however you wish, and you have a flavorful dinner. You can “wing it” with no recipe and come up with a delicious meal any time.
Easy Baked Garlic Ranch Chicken in Foil Packets
To make my Easy Baked Garlic Ranch Chicken in Foil Packets, I sliced two large chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create four thin fillets. Each fillet is then seasoned with McCormick Garlic Ranch Seasoning and placed on a large sheet of foil.
I chopped two bell peppers and quartered small red potatoes then tossed them with olive oil and more McCormick Garlic, Ranch Seasoning. A generous portion of the veggie mixture is then added on top of the chicken breast fillets.
The foil packets are made by simply rolling the open sides of the foil together to create a nice little pouch for the chicken and vegetables to cook together.
After 25-30 minutes, you’ll open the foil packets very carefully (the steam is hot!) and serve this yummy meal to your family.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into thin fillets (2 chicken breasts = 4 fillets)
- 1 pound small, red new potatoes
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons McCormick Garlic Ranch Seasoning, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Cut 4 18-inch long sheets of foil and lay them on the counter. Place one chicken breast fillet on each piece of foil and season both sides with 1 tablespoon of the McCormick Garlic Ranch Seasoning.
- 3. Cut the red potatoes into small chunks (approximately 3/4 inch or smaller pieces).
- 4. Remove the seeds from the bell peppers and chop the peppers into 1-inch chunks.
- 5. In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped bell peppers and potatoes. Add the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the McCormick Garlic Ranch Seasoning and mix well.
- 6. Top the chicken breast fillets with the vegetable mixture, then fold up all four sides of each of the pieces of foil to create packets.
- 7. Place the packets on a large baking sheet and bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- *After baking, open the foil packets and sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese over the chicken and vegetables. Top with crisp freshly cooked bacon pieces. Now you have a cheesy bacon version of this recipe!
- *Serve with sour cream.
- *Top with chopped green onions.