Thank you to Tradewinds Slow-Brewed Teas in partnership with Mom It Forward Bloggers Network for sponsoring this post. #MomentsToSavor
I love a fancy dinner out as much as the next person. But isn’t there something so happy and comforting about a familiar, simple meal at home? One of my favorite meals as a kid was my mom’s Chicken Packets. These warm, buttery, crispy little golden pockets of goodness stuffed with creamy chicken filling are a perfect end to a busy day.
Chicken Packets can be ready in as little as 30 minutes. Just put the packets together and while they’re baking toss together a simple salad and you have dinner!
I suggest cooking chicken breasts in a slow cooker, then shredding the meat and freezing it to have ready for this recipe. My mom used to use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken, which works really well too. I would also recommend checking your grocery store’s deli to see if they sell pre-cooked rotisserie chicken already shredded. That is what I did when I cooked the Chicken Packets pictured below and it worked out so well!
I don’t want to tell you what to do, but… actually, I do want to tell you what to do. Haha! You really should pair your Chicken Packets with an ice cold glass of Tradewinds Slow-Brewed Sweet Tea. NOW you have the perfect meal to curl up with on the couch with big, cozy blankets and your favorite movies.
Keep a gallon of your favorite Tradewinds flavors in your fridge so you have access to fresh-brewed tea yumminess any time. Click here to see all of the Tradewinds varieties and to find a bottle near you!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed croutons
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onions, salt, garlic powder, and milk. Add chicken.
- 2. Separate the crescent roll dough triangles. Arrange two triangles together to form a rectangle and pinch the seams together. Repeat with all dough triangles to create 8 rectangles.
- 3. Spoon the chicken mixture evenly onto one half of each crescent roll dough rectangles.
- 4. Fold one end of the dough rectangle over the chicken filling and pinch the edges together to create the chicken packet.
- 5. Place each chicken packet onto a greased baking sheet; brush with melted butter and top with a sprinkle of crushed croutons.
- 6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
What flavor of Tradewinds Slow Brewed Iced Tea do you love best?