This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSmiles #CollectiveBias
It’s so sweet to be remembered on your birthday by friends and co-workers. Little surprises make a day special and there are many ways to show a friend that you appreciate them… but without spending a lot of $$$!
I’ve made a list of 16 cheap or free ways to celebrate a friend or co-workers birthday that are fun and would be appreciated.
Number one on the list… give a card! I know, so obvious. But I have a big hint for you: check out the Hallmark $.47 and $.97 cards at Walmart. They’re the best! The prices are so good and the cards are high-quality. At those prices you can afford to stock up and keep them at home and at work to have on hand when needed.
Here are 15 more fun birthday celebrating ideas that are simple and frugal:
- Buy a $1 mug and fill it with candy.
- Bring donuts, bagels, or muffins to work in the morning. Because that is always awesome!
- Host a birthday potluck at work and ask everyone to bring a snack. You could actually do this monthly to cover everyone’s birthdays.
- Stop by with their favorite soda or coffee.
- Buy a small bunch of inexpensive flowers, trim them short, place them in water in a coffee mug and leave them on your co-workers desk.
- Buy a $1 mug and make a mug cake in a microwave and deliver it fresh to your co-worker.
- Pick up a $1 box of your friends favorite candy at Walmart (I always see them in big bins at the front of the store).
- Bake a cake from scratch.
- Go out to dinner with a group of friends and everyone can chip in to cover the birthday friends dinner.
- Buy your friend/co-worker a pack of their favorite pens and leave them on their desk with a happy birthday note.
- Draw or paint a picture (if you’re good at that kind of thing!).
- Decorate your co-workers desk with crepe paper and balloons before they arrive to work.
- Gift a $5 coffee shop or fast food restaurant gift card.
- Buy a big, cheap bowl and fill it with bags of microwave popcorn, some candy, and a free movie rental code.
- Start a silly tradition, such as the birthday person gets to be king/queen for the day and wear a crown and carry a scepter.
My daughter’s favorite card that I bought at Walmart was the Minion card:
These Minion cards are available at Walmart and would be perfect for a fun-loving adult friend or any child.
What nice things have your friends and co-workers done for you for your birthday?
Have a wonderful day!