Buttery Pasta Primavera made with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! is a quick dinner to make on a busy weeknight. It’s satisfying and filled with veggies!
8 ounces penne pasta
1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread
4 cups assorted vegetables, (I used cut asparagus, broccoli florets, chopped red and yellow bell pepper, and sliced yellow squash)
1 medium red onion, chopped (I used a white onion)
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne in lightly salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread over medium-high heat in large nonstick skillet and cook vegetables, onion and garlic, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add wine; cook uncovered 1 minute. Add penne and toss to coat. Just before serving stir in basil and sprinkle with cheese.
TIP: For an extra kick sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes!
- The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spread has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter.
- As with all of our spreads, sticks and sprays, the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® contains 0g trans fat per serving, no cholesterol and no partially hydrogenated vegetable oil.
- The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® offers a fresh butter taste to add flavor to any meal, and can be used for spreading, topping, sautéing, cooking or baking
- The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® can be used for spreading on multigrain toast, topping corn on the cob, sautéing vegetables or baking lemon pound cake. For more great-tasting recipes, visit http://www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com/recipes.
- The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is the simple way to fluffier eggs.
- As always, the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is deliciously spreadable straight out of the refrigerator, so there’s no need to wait for it to soften!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.