This post contains affiliate links. These are placed to help you find the product being discussed. When you click a link and make a purchase, you will not pay anything extra but will be helping to keep this site running! Thank you for stopping by to read The Best Tablet for Kids.
The Holidays are Coming!
How many Christmas presents are your kids still consistently using ten months after receiving the gift? Typically, in my house the answer is usually almost none. However, last Christmas my daughter received the one gift she’s still using to this day and will continue to use for quite a while longer: a tablet.
There’s plenty of conversations between parents and mommy wars fueled about kids and technology. I find that most of us parents here on the ground do allow our children to have controlled technology time and see the value in exposing our children to these tools. And let’s be honest, no one wants to be stuck in a mini van on the way to Aunt Sally’s house for Thanksgiving with a load of kids and zero technology. It’s just uncivilized!
But seriously, even as a child we always had stories and music on tapes to listen to on trips. I am so thankful for the opportunity to give my child a tablet filled with fun and educational games and shows to keep her entertained when sick in bed, on long trips, or for occasional entertainment purposes.
The Best Tablet for Kids
You may be wondering, what is the best tablet for kids? We’ve had a few different tablets and have never been all that impressed, until we me the Amazon Fire Tablets for Kids. It is a gem! We have the Amazon Fire 7 and here’s what we love about it:
- The price! Compared to other tablets on the market, the Amazon Fire 7 is an incredible value. It usually costs under $100.00.
- 2-year worry free guarantee. Amazon says, “if they break it, return it and we’ll replace it for free. No questions ask.” Be still my #momlife heart!
- Kid-proof case. The heavy duty case rocks. It can even withstand your toddler, and of course if it doesn’t, see the bullet point above. The cases currently come in pink, blue, and green.
- 1 year of FREE Amazon FreeTime! This means unlimited access to 10,000 kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games with 1 year. After the year is up, the FreeTime membership starts at only $2.99 a month for Amazon Prime members.
- Parental controls. The Amazon Fire 7 Tablet for Kids has incredible parental controls that allow you to manage usage limits (set time limits!), content access, and educational goals.
Major bonus: If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can have this tablet shipped to you in just two days. Not an Amazon Prime member yet? Let me tell you, the FREE two-day shipping alone is worth the $99 a year. Not to mention the free steaming movies, shows, music, and more. Check out Amazon Prime by clicking here: Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
What About the New Amazon Fire HD 8?
A NEW tablet has hit the market, and it’s the Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet. It’s fantastic! We’re not planning to upgrade just yet, because the 7 is working just fine and will for quite a while. But if you’re purchasing a tablet for your child for the first time, you really should consider the HD 8. Here’s what you need to know:
- Price. The Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet is another awesome value at only about $130.00.
- Kid-proof case. This tablet still comes with a great kid-proof case, but in pink, yellow, and blue (slightly different options from the 7).
- 8 inch HD display screen. This is 1 inch larger than the 7.
- Longer battery life. The HD 8 offers up to 12 hours of use before charging while the 7 can go up to 8 hours.
- Twice the storage compared to the 7.
- All the same awesome features as the Amazon Fire 7!
If you’re thinking of purchasing a tablet for your kids, grand kids, nieces/nephews, or friends this holiday season, I highly recommend the Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet or the Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet.
*Please note: technology changes so fast, it’s hard to keep up! So do let me know in the comments if any information I’ve shared above has changed and I will update the post.
Now, enter to win a $25.00 Starbucks gift card! Must be 18 to enter. Open to U.S. residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway