This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyKCMasterpiece #CollectiveBias
Winter is over and spring showers are now giving way to warm summer nights. Such a sweet time of year filled with fun memories, vacation, outdoor play, and more. What are your summer plans?
My house has a great screened in porch that, until recently, has been filled with old leaves and random storage items. But this summer we have plans for that space! My husband has it all cleaned out and I am about to get new outdoor furniture and lighting to complete the room. We definitely will be spending some fun summer nights in that room laughing with friends, watching our daughter enjoy outdoor play, sitting in comfy chairs listening to the peaceful sounds of nature, and of course eating delicious food!
When I think of perfect summer food, barbecue always comes to mind. This working mom is soooo not interested in spending more time in the kitchen than is absolutely necessary, so this recipe for BBQ Pulled Chicken Nachos is a huge win!
I picked up the new KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub at Kroger last week and used it to make a slow cooker full of pulled chicken. Let me tell you, I LOVE this stuff! The pulled chicken could not have been easier and it was so tender and flavorful.
KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub is located in the condiment aisle and comes in Sweet Honey and Original flavors. Each package contains two 2-ounce packets that make 16 ounces of BBQ sauce. I love that you can make the sauce using any liquid you like such as juice, soda, coffee, lemonade, or beer. Use the KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub as a marinade, BBQ sauce, or dry rub.
After my BBQ pulled chicken was finished, I used it to make a huge platter of the most ridiculously delish nachos EVER! This is the food I want to eat on my porch with friends this summer.
BBQ pulled chicken + tortilla chips + homemade cheese sauce + BBQ sauce + sour cream = AH-MAZE-ING
BBQ PULLED CHICKEN NACHOS
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub Original flavor
- ¾ cup lemon lime soda (or other liquid of your choice)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 ounces restaurant style tortilla chips
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, chopped
- BBQ Pulled Chicken: Place the chicken and chopped onion in a slow cooker. Mix the KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub packet with ¾ cup lemon lime soda and pour it over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours until the chicken is very tender. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with forks.
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the flour and ¼ cup of the milk. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute then whisk in the remaining ¾ cup milk. Bring to a simmer stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in shredded cheddar cheese until melted. Salt to taste.
- Building Nachos: Spread tortilla chips on a large platter. Top with the cheddar cheese sauce then the BBQ pulled chicken. Drizzle the nachos with BBQ sauce and sour cream then finish with a sprinkle of green onion.
Serve immediately. Makes 8-10 servings.
Yep, it’s definitely as good as it looks! My husband was so excited about this recipe.
From 6/18 to 8/31 you can get $1 off KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub with this coupon. Try it!
What recipes can you create with the new KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub?