I am a complete failure in the chocolate chip cookie department. It makes no sense to me! I follow the directions exactly and yet they come out terribly! I made another attempt yesterday only to turn out another flop. They were flat and burned. I think I have an idea of where I’m going wrong, but I was feeling frustrated and too demoralized to go on. I was beaten by the basic American chocolate chip cookie…
Today, in an effort to redeem myself, I decided to experiment. Banana bread was on my mind and then I took a turn towards the creative and conjured up Banana Pudding Cupcakes. I also make a mean banana pudding (seriously, it’s better than any other I’ve ever tasted!) and I figured a cupcake version would be a win! My excitement was tainted a bit when I googled “my” idea and saw that it was not as original as I first thought. But whatever; this is my take on the recipe and I’ll happily take credit for the lovely little cupcake gems that I turned out today. 500 million times better than my chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding, prepared
- 1 container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and smashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (or 1 teaspoon baking soda)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nilla Wafers for garnish
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and banana then mix well. In a medium size bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and gently mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins lined with paper baking cups filling each 3/4 full. Bake the cupcakes at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a cupcake.
- In a medium size bowl, gently combine the Cool Whip and 1 cup of the prepared vanilla pudding (reserve the rest of the pudding for some other purpose, like a late night snack) to make the icing. Cool the cupcakes completely then top with the icing and garnish with one Vanilla Wafer.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Other Posts You Will Like:
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Biscuit Dough Donuts
8 Favorite Potluck Recipes
Christian Women Blogs
Shredded BBQ Beef