Few things feel more comforting to me than a slice of warm, homemade pie and being cuddled up on the couch with a throw pillow and soft blanket. Pie is always a perfect dessert. You can make a pie and have it waiting when company arrives, bake a pie on a cold winter day, take a homemade pie to a summer picnic, treat your family to a big Sunday dinner complete with pie for dessert… any old occasion calls for pie!
Making a pie can be a bit labor intensive. Everyone loves my moms apple pie. I remember coming home from a retreat on an Easter weekend as a teenager; The house was clean and smelled of cinnamon and pastry. Apple pie! But now I know how much work it can be to make a crust from scratch and peel a pile of apples by hand. Busy people, like me, still want homemade pie but we have limited time to make it. Never fear… 4 Ingredient Berry Pie here!
I’m seriously a fan of ready made pie dough. It’s perfect. Why would I bother with making my own crust when store-bought dough is just as good? I just don’t anymore.
I serve my berry pie with fresh whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream. And hot… this pie is so amazing when hot!
- 24 ounces of frozen mixed berries (I use the All Natural Triple Berry Blend from Schwan's... and bonus, they delivery to my door!) - I prefer a blend of raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries for this recipe, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 box of Pillsbury or store brand ready-made pie crust dough (there are two sheets of dough in the box to make one double crust pie)
- 1. In a large bowl, stir together the thawed berries, sugar, and flour.
- 2. Lay the first pie dough sheet into a pie dish then fill with the berry mixture.
- 3. Lay the second pie dough sheet over the top of the pie and pinch the edges together. Cut 4 small slits in the center of the pie so it can release steam as it cooks.
- 4. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 5. Allow the pie to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving